Obesity and fat has an impact on your whole body. As a whole obese people are treated differently (especially in the job market) to thin people. Medical Aid companies also discriminate against obese and fat people. I know this because I was one of them.
In their defense, they do it for good reason. Fat affects your body in the following manner:
1) Brain: Fatty deposits form in the arteries and can lead to strokes.
2) Lungs: Respiratory problems and sleep Apnoea because of the weight carried. Obese people also suffer from Chronic tiredness and lack of energy, which impacts their performance.
3) Heart: Heart attacks are commonly caused by the hardening of arteries, high blood sugar and weakening of the heart muscle due to the strain of the weight carried.
4) Gal Bladder: Gall stones are common in obese people due to what they eat and drink. This can lead to infection of the Gall Bladder and Pancreas.
5) Stomach: obese people's stomach is stretched far beyond what it should be. It increases the risk of getting stomach cancer.
6) Pancreas: due to the high blood pressure and high blood sugar levels the Pancreas can not release insulin properly. This can lead to Diabetes and Pancreatic Cancer.
7) Intestines: The added weight causes all intestines to function abnormally. The fat also constricts your organs and they have to work twice as hard. There is a higher risk of cancer as well as kidney and liver failure.
8) Bones: Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis due to the excessive weight on the joints and bones. Bone density decreases with age but also with obesity, because of the person's lack of activity and exercise.
9) Reproductive problems: Menstrual irregularities and infertility are common in fat women because fat damages your eggs. Your diet also affects the way your body releases a protein to develop the eggs into embryos.
10) Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver disease: Obese people get NAFL which weakens the liver and lead to liver failure.
These are the 10 reasons you should lose weight if you are overweight or obese. Everyday a little bit more weight sneaks up on you along with more depression, anxiety and low self esteem. That leads to more eating and so the cycle starts again. Before you know it you are bed ridden and dying of a number of things you could have done differently. You only get one life. Is it not time you start living it?