Wednesday, 18 February 2015

PERSEPHONE AND ME

persephoneandmebanner

About The Book

Title: Persephone & Me
Author: Corinne Desjardins
Genre: Women’s Poetry
Mythopoetic reflections from a contemporary Persephone.

Links








Book Excerpts

Excerpt #1
She 
has always been with me
even before I knew her name
orphan princess fantasy
phantom of the opera
beauty and the beast
my mother Demeter
I didn’t want to be her
always been the girl next door
and so I remain
the Kore

front cover

Excerpt #2
Nightmare
A man
Nice enough seeming
Taking me on a small red boat
Small boat with oars
Some river
Like van gogh
Golden weeds
No green hues
He had another, smaller head
Growing from his chest
Where his heart should be
The main man
Mild mannered
The small head
extreme
Black hair and bearded
Shaped like the man
On a deck of cards
Or a pirate
Greasy
Devilish
But the mild mannered man
Consulted the small head
Regularly
Respectfully
Two me’s
The one in the boat
Innocent
Going along for the ride
The dreamer, observing
Horrified
that there was a man
With a second head
I did not trust the small head
And therefore the mild mannered man
By extension
I watched in horror
As I entered the boat

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are eager to hear what you have to say. Please leave a comment and wait for approval.