Sunday, 28 June 2015

IT'S GREAT TO BE GIFTED!

giftedbanner

About the Book

My e-book coverTitle: Gifted: The Hayven Series
Author: J.A. George
Genre: YA Romance / Fantasy / Dystopian
“Why do birds fly? Why do lions hunt deer? Why does the sun shine and the moon glow? Because it must. I wish I could tell you why, I truly do. It mustn’t be easy, such pressure weighted on such young shoulders, but we do not always choose the lives we must lead.”
Avery Gray had no choice but to be different. She was not born that way; she was chosen.
After having met a special, silver-haired woman, and the handsome and enigmatic Theodore-James Connors, Ava finds herself in Hayven, a city separated from the rest of the world, where only gifters – ordinary people with extra-ordinary gifts – can go. With Theo, his friends, Hayven, her gift, and the ability to ‘travel’ in different colours, Ava must now accept that she can no longer classify herself as normal. As friendships develop, and Theo and Ava become closer than she anticipated, it turns out her new gifted life comes with a catch. With no choice or say on the matter, Ava must save a city she is starting to fall in love with; a city that has almost begun to feel like home.

Author Bio

J.A. George is the author of the four-part series, GIFTED: THE HAYVEN SERIES. Jessica spent years of her life reading book after book before sitting on her bed one morning, opening her laptop and typing Chapter One into her word document. Now, not only does she read book after book, she now writes book after book too. When she’s not writing, she’s trying to break her record of finishing a tub of Oreo ice cream in less than forty-five minutes.
You can contact her at Jess.george@hotmail.co.uk

Links

Amazon: Amazon
Goodreads: Goodreads

Excerpt


I placed my book on the cashier table noisily enough to indicate that I was there but not so loud so it seemed as if I was interrupting him, and the boy turned round.
“Sorry about that,” he apologised and once he caught sight of me his prepared smile fell slightly and he began to stare questioningly at me; subtly looking me up and down with a bemused expression. But I wasn’t focused on that; he may have in fact said something else after his apology but the words were lost on me as I continued to stare at him. He was…beautiful. My gaze went from his chestnut brown, windswept hair down to his light brown eyes that were almost hazel; to his plump lips followed by his defining jawline. He appeared to glow brighter than before.
“Are you alright ma’am?” he asked me. His voice reminded me of the slow stretching descend of honey from a highly placed silver spoon.
I blushed at the nature of my own thoughts.
“Yes,” was all I could manage.
He took the book from my sweaty hand and proceeded to scan it, looking up at me every now and again as if he had seen me somewhere before but was struggling to remember where and when. I noticed that he completed the transaction with only one hand as the other lay leisurely on the counter top. A midnight blue leather bracelet encircled his wrist, and with no other adornments, I couldn’t help but admire it. I wasn’t particularly into jewellery but I loved leather bracelets, and this one was faultless. Just a simple leather bracelet with a criss-cross pattern detailing it and a silver clasp in the middle.
“You’re into psychics?” he questioned with a smile.
“What?” I looked up from typing my pin into the card machine to stare at the book he was now putting into a cream coloured bag. “Oh! Well…not exactly. It’s just…become a recent…interest is all.”
He smiled again at me, showing perfect white teeth, with an amused look on his face, and I turned to stare down at my shoes in embarrassment. Since when had it become too difficult to verbalize one flowing sentence? Once the machine had accepted my card, I yanked it out and stuffed it into my coat pocket, aware of the fact that I was still staring at my feet and was now blushing wildly. I couldn’t remember the last time I had blushed for a boy.
As he handed me the bag, my hand accidently brushed against his. The name Theo flashed in the forefront of my mind.
“There you go,” he said kindly.
“Thank you, Theo,” I replied absent-mindedly, unashamedly tasting the name on my lips; I liked the way my tongue couldn’t help but touch my two front teeth as I said it and how –
“How did you know my name?” Theo asked startled.
“I’m sorry?”
“You called me Theo,” he said. “How did you know that was my name?”


No comments:

Post a Comment

We are eager to hear what you have to say. Please leave a comment and wait for approval.