Wednesday, 21 October 2015

LAURA HARNER EXPOSED AS A FRAUD!

We received an email this morning from Enticing Journey Book Promotions that the author had asked us to remove all our posts and reviews about this book. Upon further investigation they had discovered that this book is the plagiarized work of another author! Enticing Books Promotions had no knowledge of this and are just as shocked as we are! Books On Fire Tours are therefore making it a point to expose this hack so no one will ever buy waste their time or money on Laura Harner again! 



You know what they say—you can’t go home again—and Brandon Masters doesn’t want to. But when he gets a call that his father is down hard with a broken leg, he puts his thriving real estate business, his fiancĂ©, and his life on hold and returns to his small town roots in Goldview, Texas, temporarily picking up the reins of the world he left behind. A dozen years gone should be long enough to erase the pain and humiliation he suffered when the town’s bad boy broke his naive teenaged heart.
Twelve years ago, Joe Martinez was left standing in the dust, his heart in his hand and his future on the line when the blond-haired, blue-eyed boy from the right side of the tracks left town without a backward glance. Or so he thought. Since then, he’s rebuilt himself from the boots up, to earn the respect of the community his father shamed.
When the now-Sheriff Martinez discovers Brandon has returned long enough to help his father recover, he realizes he’s been handed the perfect opportunity to get the answers he needs to move on—and maybe seek a little payback for pain and suffering. But businessman-Brandon has learned a thing or two about protecting his heart—and breaking down those walls may not be as easy as it appears. Irresistible force—meet immovable object. 
   

10 comments:

  1. Hey I saw your blog post and I wanted to let you know that the author was not the one that requested the posts be deleted. I myself was informing blogs of the situation and asking them to remove their posts. Obviously some did and some didn't and that is fine by me but in no way shape or form did Laura approach me asking me to contact blogs to delete their posts because of the situation.
    I don't know anything other than that. I don't know how or why it happened but I felt it was my job to contact those participating since I was approached about it by another source other than the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well!! That makes it even worse that she didn't contact you to do delete her posts! Glad we named and shamed her! Thank you for being so diligent and taking action like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your honesty and integrity are greatly appreciated Ema!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Becky McGraw and I am the true author and the only copyright holder. This is an almost word-for-word duplication of my book My Kind of Trouble (#1, Texas Trouble) which was copyrighted June 17, 2012, with the exception that it was changed from a m/f book to a m/m book and character names were changed. Thank you for your integrity in protecting my copyrighted material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a pleasure to meet the true Author. We are genuinely sorry that this has happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you are going through that Becky, and I wish you the best in dealing with this. It has been reported that another author Opal Carew had her book, Riding Steele, also stolen by this woman and renamed Deuce Coupe.... I hope Amazon and any other sites her 'books' are available remove every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I agree that a plagiarist is a very bad thing and must be "exposed" and all the rest, BUT Are you sure that this is the reality? The plagiarism is a real thing and usually, in my law system it is needed the have a Court Decision (or another judicial body) in order to "accuse" a person of something. Many other aspects should be considered when you make such accusations /state the facts

    I am not saying that is true or not, I didn't read the books, but I saw your article and hoped that you followed all the "checking steps" before publishing.

    Mrs. McGraw - if this situation is true, I'm sorry. I expect it is a good book if it was stolen.... and there are so very few good books lately....

    ReplyDelete
  8. CCAM if you'd like to make a decision for yourself, please email me at beckymcgrawbooks@gmail.com and I would be happy to provide you with a copy of both books so you can decide for yourself. I have a feeling when you finish, you'll be as upset as her fellow m/m author and supporter was when she stayed up all night reading both for the same reason. You probably won't have to read past Chapter One to see exactly what was done. I assure you it is almost a word-for-word duplication, except that the characters have been renamed and short m/m love scenes inserted. It's the same with Opal Carew's book Riding Steele which was republished by Ms. Harner as Deuce Coop in a six-part serial. <3 I appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have verified that Becky's book was published long before the other author's and that indeed there will be a case made against her for plagiarism. Sadly these things take time, and we can only create awareness of this fact, as we can not stand by idly whilst the other author books blog tours and gains hundreds of reviews and "good" publicity in the process.

    ReplyDelete

We are eager to hear what you have to say. Please leave a comment and wait for approval.