Sunday, 19 February 2017

INTERVIEW WITH MAGGIE CARPENTER

So far we have brought you reviews, Top 10 Lists, Guest posts, Book playlists and Character picks. But today...today my dear friends, I bring you an one of a kind interview with Author Maggie Carpenter. Picture this...

It's almost noon. The beautiful, talented and Best Selling Author Maggie Carpenter, is coming to my house. MY HOUSE! and I am running late! Shit, fuck, crab cakes!!! No they're not the reason I'm late. I just over slept. 
I run my hands through my hair. Thank God I already planned my outfit days ago, otherwise I'd still be naked. 
The doorbell which normally fills me with excitement, now fills me with dread. I just have enough time to put on lipstick. I try on a red to copycat my idol's seductive, yet classy look. Aw man! Smudged FUBAR , but screw it! I can't let her wait any longer! I'd have to pout my way through this disaster. 

"Good Morning Maggie!" I welcome her. Stay cool Natasha I tell myself. I try not to look frazzled. Fuck I forgot to put on the kettle!!! First TIME. First any author has ever come to my house and I forgot to put on a kettle! 
Somewhere along the line, I must have had the good sense to at least step aside to let her through. I didn't even hear her speak as she entered my house. I catch the last words...





"...be here."




"Yes, South Africa is a great place to visit."  Shit! she looks confused. I should stop thinking. Wait..scratch that! I should think. Thinking is good. I must just keep it together. Now what do I do??? Um...tea!! offer TEA!!                     
"Could I offer you some tea, or coffee or anything to drink?" Yay manners! 





"Not   right now thank you." 


"Okay...um... Please come through to the lounge and have a seat?" 
Walking...breathing...no waiting for the kettle which I forgot to put on...everything is good. ..sitting down opposite her... very good. Oh she just complimented my house!  
"Thank you. I suppose being a Best Selling and Award winning Author, your house must be much bigger and far more impressive than my little home?" 





"Haha, no not really. I live in a normal life."








What the fuck is that supposed to tell me? Man she is evasive, I hope she is not so private in the rest of our interview? 
"Good to know. How did you get into writing anyway? What inspired you to write books? 




"I have no idea. When I was a youngster and the teacher would ask the class to write about our weekend, the other students would hand in a paragraph, and Id give her full two pages. As I continued through school this didnt change, except the two pages grew into many, complete with a cover page, chapters and even illustrations. Its just in me. I love it."




Thank god! For a minute I thought I was going to get a one word answer. She is opening up. To me! Shrieks! Let's keep this going...quick next question!
"So what is it about writing that you love in general?" 



"Romance involving dominance and submission.  However, there is a book Im aching to write about my great, great, grandmother whose story is, as they say, stranger than fiction. Its an extraordinary tale of a woman who was left on the streets in Sydney at the tender age of thirteen. She lived to be 94, and achieved remarkable things, all documented in a newspaper article written upon her death."



Okay! I'm impressed! You can see it on my face, can't you? Well I am! She is sitting there all relaxed and friendly. Man, I need to keep her talking to me! It's calming. I'm getting more and more at ease. Yay me.
"She sounds amazing! I bet she has given you plenty of advise in her lifetime. What advice can you give aspiring authors?" 




"Write what you know, or that about which you fantasize, and find people whose opinion you respect to read your work, and then listen to them."







"Hmmm...actually that's really good advice!"  Okay overly impressed fan girl...concentrate.  
"What is your favorite part of being an author? 






"Writing! Getting lost in the worlds my characters inhabit, listening to them whisper in my ear, being hit by something out-of-the-blue. As I said. Writing!"






Hmmm...sounds way too good to be true. I need to know more. "There must be bad parts of writing. What is the worst part about being an author?"  






She doesn't even hesitate. "Marketing and promotion." 







"No Way!! I live for that shit!! I think it's FUN!"  Speaking of which.
"What do you do for fun?" 











 "Ride my beautiful mare and take my adorable mutt for walks. (Yes, there are other things, but I cant give away all my secrets)." 







Oh I love horses! I think I just made a new BFF! "If I had horses I'd never do any work! Where do you find the time to write?" 





"It’s how I make my living."








"Oh! So you are a full time author?" I'm surprised, you can tell. It's written all over my face. See....







" Yes." 











Damn! Back to short word answers. Quick... ask her something she can elaborate on! 
" What is in your WIP, or the next book you are thinking about  writing?" 





"Im currently finishing a super-hot book about a tough, muscled, biker. Damn is this guy sexy?! I keep wishing hed materialize in my living room!" 





"I read your latest book Protecting Paige. I wish all your male characters will do that! But seriously, is there anything in particular, apart from hot guys materializing, that affects your writing?"   







Definitely weather. If its cold, raining and/or windy, I write much faster and better than if its hot. Summer and I dont get along. Speaking of which, I'd have that tea now please







FFUUUUUUUCKKKK!!!  






Cole Barrington, a sexy dominant and a movie producer with a reputation as a player, has been haunted by one particular young lady who unexpectedly tugged his heart strings during a five-day romp on a tropical island. Why she ducked his calls on their return he has no idea, and the question still shadows him.

Paige Brooks is a publicist, and when she learns she must accompany Cole to an annual charity event at the same Caribbean island where shed spent an idyllic week with him, she grits her teeth and clenches her fists. The man broke her heart. How can she possibly get through it?

Thrown together on a tiny seaplane, as they fly to the private island where the event is to be held, fate throws them an unexpected curve ball. Forced to land near a tiny uninhabited island, they suddenly find themselves completely stranded and alone. Their intense attraction soon fires their passion, and when theyre drawn into a wild treasure hunt, Cole must use his dominant skill to control the impetuous woman from the perils surrounding them.

If you enjoy a suspenseful romance starring a take-charge alpha male, and a feisty young woman with a sharp wit and impetuous nature, look no further than this panty-melting page-turner from Maggie Carpenter










Speaking of gun-wielding kids,Cole said shooting her a stern look, apparently that spanking didnt stop you from jumping into the fray.
The unexpected reminder of his hard hand slapping her naked backside sent an immediate flush to her cheeks,
Well I wasnt going to do nothing,she retorted in spite of the heat flaming over her face, and the queasy feeling in her stomach as she remembered how it had felt to hit the skinny young man with her crude club. He was-
He was harmless.
Harmless? He had a fucking gun!
Holly, when youre dealing with someone who is holding a gun, three words should always spring to mind.
Disarm the bastard!
No! Proceed with caution,he said firmly, fixing her gaze. I know you heard me talking to him. Wasnt it obvious I was dealing with the situation? Did you not see me jerk my head to the side?
Yes, but I didnt know what that meant, and then you smiled.
I had to smile. I had to change tactics, and whacking him like that could have caused him to pull the trigger.
Stop scolding me like a child! I was only trying to help! I was trying to save you! And I did!
And we had an agreement. No action without talking about it.
Talking? How could we talk? What was I supposed to do, walk up and say, excuse me man-with-a-gun, but I need to discuss battering you on the head with this piece of wood, so would you please step aside for a minute?
Cole tiled his head to the side as he studied her. She was righteously indignant, and completely missing the point.
Let me put this another way,he said patiently. All I want you to do is think things through. Take a minute to assess the situation. Weigh whats going on and the possible consequences before you act.



Books On Fire Tours ~ I've never read any of Maggie Carpenter's books, but now that I've read this one, I will read her grocery list! 
Take a reluctant submissive stranded on an island with a gorgeous, rich and powerful dom, throw in a treasure hunt and some bad guys, and you have a recipe for success. Sign me up! I loved this book from start to finish, because it kept the familiar aspects found in all BDSM erotica books, but it was presented in a whole new way. I give this book 5 stars!





Award-winning and best-selling author Maggie Carpenter has published over 50 romance novels, and is the recipient of a number Spanking Romance Reviews awards spanning a variety of genres. Her readers describe her work as, romantic, funny, suspenseful, beyond a five-star read, exciting romance with a ton of surprises.
         
Her work includes a best-selling twelve-book contemporary cowboy series, Cowboys After Dark, (http://amzn.to/2ihCNtp), a warrior fantasy trilogy, Warriors After Dark, (http://amzn.to/2iE0cDa) contemporary love stories, and several Victorian romances. His Willful Bride was a #1 best-seller for several weeks and a BookBub Feature Deal. She is best known for her smart, witty, strong-willed women who  bring unexpected challenge, mystery and humor into the lives of passionate, dominant men.
         
Maggie has a history in show-business both in front of and behind the camera, but moved from Los Angeles to live in the Pacific Northwest to pursue her writing. She is an equine enthusiast who rides every day, and writes until the wee hours of the morning when her eyes close only because they must.
         


This author loves to hear from readers. You can contact her through her website: www.MaggieCarpenter.com. To sample her work for free, go to, www.3FreeBooks.com

Sign up for free stuff!  http://www.maggiecarpenter.com/gift/


Some of the Author's books: 


For more of the Author's books click here











    





GIFT IDEAS FOR HIM:

The Leatheman Tread Bracelet. www.Leatherman.com. Its a pocket knife in a rugged mans bracelet.

Sterling Silver Money Clip. Tiffanys has a sterling silver paperclip. Hell think of you every time he pulls out his cash.

A Belt. Sounds boring, but its all about the buckle.

Ride Shotgun In A Stock Car: Check the site for somewhere in  your area. An exciting thrill ride thats legal. http://www.cloud9living.com/

A Phone-tography Kit. Everything he needs to turn his camera phone into a serious photograph taking machine.

GIFT IDEAS FOR HER:

A Spa Package: Its a favorite and always welcome. Your girl will come home soothed and grateful.

A Calm Breeze Jar of Notes: https://www.kindnotes.com. A glass jar keepsake filled with 31 individual notes enclosed in envelopes with spring foliage illustration.

Custom Instagram Photo Collage Pillow:  www. zazzle.com. Yep, a cushion with your favorite together snaps she can cuddle when youre not around.

Sip Soap Handmade Decadent Chocolate Soap. www.Amazon.com. She wants chocolate, but shes on a diet. You can give her what she wants without being a diet saboteur.

An Acre of Land on the Moon:  www.LunarLand.com. Tell her you think shes out of this world by giving her an acre of land that is literally orbiting Earth.

 GIFT IDEAS FOR BOTH:

My Reasons Why:   https://lovebookonline.com offers a personalized hardcover edition of all the reasons you love your man.

A Lunch Or Dinner Cruise: If you live in a lake or seaside community, check the sailing clubs or nearby ferries.

Love Letter in a Bottle: www.PersonalizationMall.com.  A personalized note delivered in a bottle. A romantic but inexpensive gift that will last forever.

A Personalized Silver Fortune Cookie: www.PersonalizationMall.com.  Can wishes come true?
Write your own hopes for your future in this unique and forever romantic gift.


In A Perfect World



Send the kids off somewhere the night before, and donate the day to yourselves. Start it off with a long, leisurely, loving lie-in. Breakfast at home, then head out to share something youve never done
together.

A horseback ride, lunch an out of the way woodsy cabin, a lesson on a yacht, a visit to the local ski resort, whatever your area offers. Lunch when the spirit moves you, spontaneously stopping into a restaurant that looks appealing.

Home to an empty house for some R&R, watch a classic romance from the 50s, or any past decade that suits your fancy. Sip red wine with dark chocolate, curl up and canoodle.

Unless youve made reservations, have dinner delivered and enjoy a late night picnic. Make it decadent and delicious, and dont worry about dishes. They wont run away overnight.

If youve bought gifts, exchange them right before you go to sleep. They will end the day on the perfect note, and guarantee sweet romantic dreams.


Playlist for the book:

In the beginning of the book, when Peyton is getting ready for the trip.

Adele: Rolling In The Deep

As they kiss on the beach their first night reunited.

Sangria - Blake Shelton


In the forest, as the sunbeam cloaks her.

A Thousand Years


Absolutely love this, and it feels like her.

Cole driving up Sunset Blvd thinking back to their week together.

Wicked Games



Portishead - Give Me A Reason To Love You - Glorybox



Paige Brooks:            Kim Steward


Cole Barrington:       William Levy


Jack Miller:                Steve Buscemi

Joe:                             Harry Styles

Wilfred Barker:          Bill Nighy




No comments:

Post a Comment

We are eager to hear what you have to say. Please leave a comment and wait for approval.